The Pinhey Estate is an 88-acre heritage site scenically situated on the Ottawa River in rural Ottawa, in the hamlet of Dunrobin northwest of the downtown core. This estate is owned and operated by the City of Ottawa. The Honourable Hamnett Kirkes Pinhey immigrated to Canada from England in 1820 to develop his estate, Horaceville, Pinhey's Point. That same year, 1820, he built the first Pinhey house to which additions were made over the next 28 years. This property remained in the Pinhey family until 1971 when March Township purchased it. In 1990 the City of Kanata (now part of the City of Ottawa) acquired Pinhey's Point. One of the City's biggest projects was the restoration of the Hamnett Pinhey mansion. Today, the City of Ottawa continues to develop the site's heritage and waterfront potential. The Pinhey's Point Foundation, established in 1980, has played a significant role in preserving and developing the estate as an historic site and recreation area. The Foundation's Museum Committee along with Pinhey's Point staff plan and prepare exhibits each year.
Admission to the museum is by donation, which support the museum's many programs and events.
Address: 270 Pinhey's Point Rd. RR2, Dunrobin, ON, K0A 1T0
Tel: (613) 832-4347